Genuine Mecatech spare/option part.
The new Mecatech Big Bore
shock absorbers with piggy back volume compensation reservoirs use normal silicone oil. The increased diameter in combination with the separate volume compensation via a floating piston of the new MecaTech Big Bore shocks allows for a very constant driving. This results in improved traction and optimized handling.
The Big Bore shocks fit most 1/5 scale onroad cars.
The outstanding craftsmanship guarantees a perfect seal; the shocks come w/o springs, but include nipples for filling and bleeding. The Big Bore shocks feature aluminum shock ends with replaceable bushings.
Recommended silicone oil:
- Total length: 120 mm
- Distance of mounting holes: 110 mm center/center
- Mounting hole diameter: 4.10 mm
- Thickness of shock ends: 6 mm
- Max shock/spring travel: 30 mm
- Weight without oil: 46 g each
- Weight without oil with spring: 68 g each
Mecatech recommends silicone oil with a viscosity of 6,000 to 8,000 for the front axle and 3,000 to 5,000 for the rear.